- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Name of the service
EOSC Future Confluence and Jira
Description of the service
The EOSC Future Confluence (wiki) and Jira (ticketing system) (hereinafter referred to as: “the service” ) support the EOSC Future project's activities. Personal data is used to provide access to the service with the proper access levels.
This privacy notice describes how we, Technopolis Group Belgium, (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "TGB" or "the Data Controller"), collect and process data by which you can be personally identified (“Personal Data”) when you use the service.
Technopolis Group Belgium
Avenue de Tervueren 188A
- EGI Foundation: service operator and manager
- CESNET: resource provider, sub-contracted data processor of EGI Foundation
Data protection officer
Agis Evrygenis, TGB Managing Partner
Avenue de Tervueren 188A
Jurisdiction and supervisory authority
Jurisdiction: BE, Belgium
TGB’s lead supervisory authority is the Belgian Data Protection Authority “Gegevenbeschermingsautoriteit – Autorité de protection de données”. They can be contacted at www.dataprotectionauthority.be
Personal data processed
The service may process the following personal data:
- Identification numbers (as provided by identity providers)
- E-mail address
- IP address
- Usage data
- Technical logs with timestamps
Data allowing conclusions on the personality:
- Membership information on roles and groups
Purpose of the processing of personal data
The purpose of the collection, processing and use of the personal data mentioned above is:
- To provide the service functions, i.e. to identify users and provide access to Confluence and Jira with the proper access levels.
- To monitor and maintain service stability, performance and security
The legal basis for processing personal data is: Legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party according to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Third parties to whom personal data is disclosed
Personal data will not be used beyond the original purpose of their acquisition. If a forwarding to third parties should be necessary to answer an inquiry or to carry out a service, the consent of the data subject is considered to have been given by entering in a contract when using the respective function or service. In particular, the data you provide to us will not be used for advertising purposes.
Within the EU / EEA:
- Confluence and Jira users, space and project managers
- The records of your use and technical log files produced by the service components may be shared for security incident response purposes with other authorised participants in the academic and research distributed digital infrastructures via secured mechanisms, only for the same purposes and only as far as necessary to provide the incident response capability where doing so is likely to assist in the investigation of suspected misuse of Infrastructure resources.
Outside the EU / EEA:
- Confluence and service users, space and project managers
You can exercise the following rights at any time by contacting our data protection officer using the contact details provided in the Data Protection Officer section:
- Information about your data stored with us and their processing
- Correction of incorrect personal data
- Deletion of your data stored by us
- Restriction of data processing, if we are not yet allowed to delete your data due to legal obligations
- Objection to the processing of your data by us
- Data portability
To access and rectify the data released by your home organisation (e.g. your university, research institute or any other identity provider), you should contact them.
You can complain at any time to the supervisory Data Protection Authority (DPA) responsible for you. Your responsible DPA depends on your country and state of residence, of your workplace or of the presumed violation. A list of the supervisory authorities with addresses can be found at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
You can contact the Data Controller's lead supervising authority using the contact details provided in the Jurisdiction and Supervisory Authority section.
Data retention and deletion
Your personal data associated with your account is kept as long as your account is active. Your account can be deactivated on request.
The records of your use and technical log files produced by the service components will be deleted or anonymised after, at most, 18 months. As required by EC-funded projects, data added to Jira/Confluence will be retained for 5 years from the end of the project.
Data protection code of conduct
Your personal data will be protected according to the
Code of Conduct for Service Providers, a common standard for the research and higher education sector to protect your privacy:
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
|Table of Contents|